Joanne Chan

Joanne Chan
22 years of age
positivity, kindness and courage lead to great things
female. australian born chinese. UNSW. planning
exercise, food, badminton, lazing around is my fave hobbies
+ Follow Profile Affiliates Free page Refresher

Theme by M-iichiko. Thanks to Pixel-diary for the icons.

granny
Tuesday 1 July 2014 | 0 comments
Hi granny..
Just letting you know.. i love you and miss you lots.
It's probably been really difficult for you these nine days huh? Rest in peace granny. Thanks for everything you've given me.
I haven't even had the chance to pay for any meals for you with my own hard earned money.
You said that night so many things. It was almost as if you knew you were going to leave and you wanted to tell us all that you could.
I'm grateful to have a grandmother like you.
Changing our diapers, growing vegetables in that unfamiliar Australian soil, feeding us asian soup that was full of nutrients, telling us to massage your back, teaching us how to traditionally pray to grandpa.
You always worried about everybody. Constantly nagging to bring an extra jacket, or to dry our freshly washed hair.
Even the first night i stayed overnight, you constantly questioned whether i was cold, and then you would proceed to twitch your hands as a sign to hold on so you could share your warmth.
i love you so much grandma.
I'm pained to the fact that i never realised i treated you well enough when you were alive.
Sorry grandmother if i annoyed you.
Andy told me that when i was younger, you tried to clean the house or something, but i would sleep and i would cry which made it difficult to tie me on your back.  You then ceebsed it and chucked me on the sofa. I must have been such an annoying little kid.
Granny, i hope your last days were filled with little pain and suffering. Thank you for those final memories.. no matter how hard it was to explain your thoughts, you never gave up. You tried so hard to force words out.
Granny, you're the best.
i hope you're having yumcha with grandpa.
reunited.
After tonight/today, i won't cry anymore.. but instead, i'll keep living with all your chinese philosophies in mind. For example, i won't lie, cheat or steal my way through life. I'll be a good person and try my hardest to look after my parents and my family.
Thanks granny. I love you. I miss you and take care.. i'll see you when it's my turn to go, and i'll definitely try to repay you...

NEWER
PAST